The USS SSN 571 Submarine was the world’s first operational nuclear powered submarine and the first submarine to complete a submerged transit of the North Pole on 3 August 1958.
The new watch line was produced in agreement with “Association of Veterans of US Submarine Service ” and due to idea an support of Craig Hester – VE distributor in the US.
SSN571 Nuclear Submarine watches are made from bronze (polished, Black PVD and stone washed Black PVD) , bronze and titanium and have the following common features:
- 45.7×15.6mm, 30 atm WR case, unidirectional rotating bezel and screw-in crown.
- 12 vertically mounted tritium tubes on the dial and 3 tubes at hour
and minute hands
- Original silicon flexible and expandable strap with solid VE buckle. The watch with this strap can be worn on the wrist or/and above diving suit.
- Thick and flexible leather strap with solid VE buckle.
- The straps can be exchanged by screw driver and/or just 1-2 cents coin ( original VE idea!)
- 3D image of the SSN571 Nuclear Submarine on the case back
- The watch set comes with dry box, screw driver, 2 straps ( leather and silicon) and booklet with history of the submarine and description of whole SSN571 Nuclear Submarine watch line.
There are two kind of movement in the SSN571Nuclear Submarine watches:
Chrono-line build with VK61 mecha- quartz chrono movement from Seiko
Manufacturing Co ( Japan) with:
- Mechanical reset mechanism
- Central chrono second hand
- Minute chrono counter on the upper sub-dial
- Watch’s second hand on the lower sub-dial
Automatic line build with NH35 automatic movement Seiko Manufacturing
Co ( Japan) with:
- Sweep-type second hand
- Shock-resistance device of a balance staff
- Stop-second hand device for precise time setting.
- Calendar – single, with quick date correction
- 24 Ruby jewels
- Frequency – 21,600 vibrations per hour
- Autonomy at least 41 hours